Translate

Monday, June 18, 2012

Pretending to be a Rock!

One day in my class we took a group trip across the street from our university. That day, we had to pretend to be rocks for 15-20 minutes. I picked a spot near a tree and sat down in the shade and started writing in my journal. We were free as to what we write in our journal but mostly we had to pretend to be rocks. I couldn’t think with my eyes open, so to pretend to be a rock I had to close my eyes and think what a rock would feel like sitting in the shade. I wrote whatever I feel inside me, I wrote how I felt, what I smelled, and what I heard. I liked the activity until an ant started crawling up my feet! I think that this would be a nice activity for 3-6 grades where they get to express their feelings through writing. Journal writing is always an awesome activity and I truly believe that it is something that as young as Kindergarten would work. Journal writing is something that will help improve self-esteem, refresh some ones thoughts, and reduce stress. From this activity, I took one thing, that is to appreciate what I have in life and I am glad that I am not a rock. 


Here is a link that can help your children appreciate nature! It gives tips to parents that help children learn more about nature, appreciate it and love it.

http://www.cuteparents.net/2011/11/teach-child-to-appreciate-nature.html#






No comments:

Post a Comment