Translate

Monday, June 18, 2012

Speaking of Passion!


The other day in my class we shared our passions and what is it that makes us unique. I first spoke about my passion for buying art supplies. Anytime, I go grocery shopping, I have to pass by the school supplies aisle and buy a few things. Every time I have a project for school, I would go buy a bunch of school supplies regardless whether I will be using it or not. As much as I love buying art supplies, I don’t like to think ahead of time about my project. In a way, I feel like I need the art supplies to give me the ideas as to what I want to do. I like to shop for the supplies, come home and then think what I would like to do. Then, I shared with my class about my passion for belly dancing. Ever since I was 4 years old I loved to dance. I would turn on the music and dance. I have 6 sisters who are older than me, who also like to dance. I learned how to dance by watching them dance. We have so many different moves and we memorized them all by heart. Some dances we named other we just follow when we listen to a certain song. It is really nice to just know what the next move will be without talking about it. We all have the same moves when we dance, which makes it easier to create a dance. Our bodies’ moves together like a tick tock on the clock. Whenever there is a wedding in the family, we automatically end up doing a dance in the wedding without planning it ahead of time. Now, years after we all went our own paths in life, we get together once in a while and dancing is something we have to do. We all have somewhat rough times, and struggles in life, so we overcome our obstacles by dancing it out. We all agree that it is truly a stress relief to dance. I recommend trying it out, even if you can’t belly dance. Just shaking your hips or even your body is a great exercise for the body mind and soul. Just turn on the music, move your hips, and shake it down! 


I spoke about my passion and shared it with my class. I know that I dance when I am happy and I also dance when I am sad to let my anger out by dancing. In a school setting, it is always good to know your students and what make them happy and what makes them sad. What makes them feel good or bad, what are they passionate about? My classmates shared what they are passionate about and all of them have passion for different things and all of them are beautiful. 

I have a link below that shares some music and basic steps to help beginners learn to belly dance. Just keep in mind that belly dancing moves are mentally not physically! 




http://marisawright.hubpages.com/hub/Teach-Yourself-Belly-Dancing-at-Home





No comments:

Post a Comment